Sunday, May 1, 2011

Easter Outfit: Frumpy or Flowy Flowery?

As usual, I am fashionably late with this post for my Easter ouftit. Just as I am usually fashionably late to family events, such as Easter Dinner :)  The weather wasn't that spectacular, and I didn't really feel like shaving my legs or donning tights, so I decided to go with this long, flowing floral dress I picked up at the local Meijer store:


 However, I couldn't quite decide if it was pretty and feminine, or overly granny-ish and frumpy.  I love the way it swirled around, and it kept my legs warm.  I paired it with a ruffle sweater I got a year or two ago from Forever 21 that I could never quite find the right outfit to pair with.  It didn't quite match the purples in the dress, but it seemed to go okay.  And none of my other sweaters looked good at all.  I decided to go with a heeled shoe with some studded embellishments to sass-ify the look some and tone down the frump factor, if there indeed was one.  I think the shoes were Unlisted by Kenneth Cole that I got for a steal price at the end of last year's summer season from Famous Footwear. They are really flexible and super comfy - I actually usually dance in them for my belly dance class.  Please excuse the hair. My bang refuse to behave these days,

My girls were dressed in cute little dresses, too, but I completely forgot to take ANY pictures!!! Mommy fail.  I may have to wash the dresses, and re-dress them up so I can do so.  :)

However, I did snap this picture of the Easter Kitteh:



Hope everyone had a good Easter filled with good stuff to eat :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the dress it looks adorable on you, not the least bit frumpy just perky and cute


Kel @ ser·en·dip·i·ty

LikeSpinningPlates said...

I love that dress! I need a maxi dress ASAP. I can't picture myself pulling it off well though haha. You look so cute. And i love the Easter Kittyyyy. =)